Thursday, January 23, 2014

Memorable Experiences

There are three certain experiences that really stick out when I think of photography. One being, our field trip to the Cumberland Farms. Not only was this a fun time to bond with the class, this was a great learning experience. I learned a lot about getting a wide range of different photos. I also learned a lot about perspective. For instance taking photographs of things like the ferris wheel and the horse carriages. There were also the certain subjects that were just generally fun to photograph. I absolutely loved taking close-ups of the goats and the bunnies (that experience made me want to get a bunny). Personally, I don't really like going on rides at the fair and getting fair food, but taking pictures of my experience made it ten times more fun. This trip impacted my learning in a big way. I found that the close-ups of animals are a lot more interesting. I learned that using an unusual perspective goes a long way. People walk around looking at things from eye-level all day. It just makes it so much more interesting if the perspective is from somewhere different: like a bird's eye view. 

Next, one assignment I found really fun and interesting was the Thanksgiving and Christmas assignments. During Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas Eve, my family helped me a lot with this assignment... Setting up the cranberry sauce in a fancy bowl on a plaid tablecloth... It was just a lot of fun. It was also kind of ironic because Thanksgiving is the time to spend time with family and my whole family was getting together working on my project. I loved getting into the holiday spirt and showing the way my family celebrates the holidays. I also really loved seeing everyone else's work. I learned a lot during this assignment. I realized that a little change can go a long way. Things like changes the color contrast of certain things together; we were putting all of the most colorful foods on one plate and the ornaments on the Christmas tree. I never want anything to look boring or bland. It was my goal to make everything look colorful and alive. 

Lastly, I had so much fun with the "who are you" project. Focusing on something that I really love made this project a blast. I really wanted to show people the reason why I love skiing so much. I spent a lot of time working on this project and just trying to make it perfect. Adding videos and words in the video, made it come alive and really makes the viewer feel like they are there and understand my passion for this sport. I learned a lot about iMovie and what is generally pleasing to the viewer. The little things like sound and how the photo zooms in on a picture makes a huge difference. I knew I did a good job on this project and showed it to my family because they all started crying. The entire time I was thinking, "how could a video on a sport be emotional?" but I guess they proved me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment